First week of fun



     Hello again! Well, the first week here has been fun and relaxing. Not much going on yet, so I've had time to get adjusted and just read, watch tv, do a puzzle...
   On Thursday, we went down the Rennes, which is in Brittany. Paul's sister Ann is studying there, and we brought her some things for her apartment and spent some time in town. It's a nice college town with a canal and cool buildings. Nice crepes for dinner, huge pizzas for lunch, and nice weather the whole time.
  Saturday, I went into Paris (by myself!), and met Talia for lunch. We went to a park by her apartment and ate, and then walked around. We met her husband, Matt, and Paul after and walked down by the Seine and got ice cream. A pretty typical Parisian Saturday afternoons, and we had hot sunny weather for it.
  Today, I went to church with Paul in Plaisir. His church is called, Eglise Protestante Evangelique de Plaisir. He was preaching this morning, and a few people had remembered seeing me last fall when I was there. After chruch, we went to a neighborhood flea market! It only happens three times a year, and it's pretty big. A lot of it was junk, but I found a pretty cool bag, and Paul got a Beatles record. Then we had lunch with his family out in the garden in the sun.
  I found out Friday, I'll start at Nogent this week. We're moving me in tomorrow, and then I'll start working a little this week, but the rest of the students don't arrive till next Sunday. So it'll be good to have a week to get used to being there before everyone else. I'll be sure and get some pictures of the place, and my address there, once I find out what it is. Till then, have a great week!
Ann Bourdois, Paul Bourdois, Me














The canal in Rennes
the famous French fashion...
Italian gelato on Ile St. Louis

Comments