Fashion à la française

   The French are known around the world for their fashion. French women in particular are obsessed with it. Every street in Paris is littered with little teenage fashionistas tottering in their heels and leggings. Right next to them, 70 year old women walk by pefectly matching and touched up.
  For a  laid-back American from the west coast, it's a little intimidating fitting in with the old jeans and a sweater stand-by. In the short time I've been here, I think I've kept my casual style while branching out and adding a few French touches. I've picked my top five favorite purchaces over the last few months to give you an idea on how I attempt to look more European without breaking the bank.

5. Flats! I have four new pairs of flats purchased here. They are vital to everyday dressing, both casual and going out. You can find classic ballarina flats or ones in every color and pattern. Worn with everything from leggings and skinny jeans to dresses. I like how cute and comfortable they are. Here are my favs...

gray, with zippered edging-6€

4. Cute skirt. Shorts are not that big here. Unless you wear them with tights underneath, (I haven't jumped on board with that yet), then they're mostly just seen as beach wear. So what do you do on hot muggy days? Show off those legs and throw on a cute skirt! I've found a couple I like, but this one is just so feminine and flirty I couldn't resist.

skirt-Pimkie 8€, top-H&M 8€

3. Casual dress. Along with skirts, casual dresses are seen in all shapes and colors on warm days. From what I've seen, it's a lot easier here to find comfortable, affordable dresses to go with anything. I went for a little western meets sophisticated, pairing a jacket from the states with some western style boots.


dress-13€, boots-6€


2. Hot leather boots. You can't go outside any time between September and December and not see a woman in leather boots. They go with everything and look great. It was tricky for me to find a pair under 70euro that fit around my muscular calves. But intensive searching paid off and we found these. Yes, they are a little uncomfortable after walking a while, but so worth it. : )

boots-13€

 1. Brown leather jacket. The same goes for a leather jacket. In black you look like an intimidating biker chick, but in brown, it's so sophisticated. And just so darn soft and comfortable.

jacket-Gizi 30€, jeans-Gizi 20€

  Where it doesn't say where it's from, we bought it at a shop near Montparnasse train station that basically sells cheap shoes. 


note: all pictures are taken by Paul Bourdois, and all clothing bought by Paul Boudois. : )
 

Comments

  1. and all clothing worn by Kelsey Gleason ! I didn't think that was you wearing the skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment