Iceland Air

on the back of the seats
    When you live on the other side of the world from your friends and family, you end up flying a lot. So planes and airports are not that exciting, and traveling becomes a little mundane. That's why I was looking forward to flying with Iceland Air for my one way trip from Seattle to Paris. They're often the cheapest flight available, but was it worth it? I'd say yes, but maybe not every time. 

my pillow
       
    It was, for the most part, a typical international flight. One of the positives were the shortened trip since we went over the arctic circle. 7 hours was pretty good, and I preferred it to a long cross country flight first, then a long cross Atlantic flight. And the layover was nice and short too. We got off, went through security and passport control in 5min, then found my gate in the nice small airport. Unfortunately, it was dark the whole hour I was there, so I couldn't see the area around the airport, but from pictures it's kind of desert-like and arid there from volcanic activity. The rest of the island is green and pretty though.

at the airport in Keflavik

    The major downside is the food. You have to pay for it, and it's not cheap nor do you have many options. You get basic drinks for free, but only twice during the trip. Luckily, I was warned ahead of time and brought a lot of snacks. Lesson: don't rough it, bring food, because there wasn't a lot at the airport afterwards either. 

  
cool Viking ship


free glacial water!


my napkin






























 In the end, I made it in less time and was not as tired since we got in at mid-day instead of first thing in the morning. I didn't have to go through customs in Paris either. There were also quite a few movie and tv options as well. You also get to learn a few Icelandic words. 

Comments

Post a Comment