The BIG Day

   That is, my wedding day. I may have mentioned that I got married a few months ago. I thought it might be time to share a little bit of that. We had a ceremony and reception in Salem in December, when guests had time off from work to travel long distances. Luckily the weather was amazing and we didn't have any snow and barely any rain. We did both in the Spinning Room at Mission Mill near downtown Salem. It had the vintage old-look feel we were going for. Over 100 guests were there including many from France and England. Highlights include: a hot chocolate bar including mini marshmallows and cinnamon, cake truffles in three flavors, a cheese plate, photos taken by Paul and I of Paris on the tables, a 1974 MGB as a getaway car...It was a perfect day, and here are some memories to enjoy.



Paul's groomsmen: Pierre Bourdois (his brother), Ryan Putnam (friend from Seattle), John Gleason (my brother), Timotee Porteous (friend from Paris), Matthieu Sanders (friend from Paris).





My ladies in waiting: Linda Blake, Molly Putnam, Janelle Zakrzewski, Jodi Sweeney, Talia Sanders. All friends and roommates from Seattle Pacific.











My uncle, Randy Butler performed the ceremony.

we walked out to the Hawaii 5-0 theme song

Homemade Champagne cake by Debbie Whitener

Hand dipped cake truffles in Red Velvet, Mint Chocolate, and Champagne cake.



Talia as Lady of Honor giving the speech

Pierre as Best Man

Remembrance tree for relatives no longer with us.


Big thank you's to Debbie Whitener (a friend of my mom's), Joanie Butler (aunt extraordinaire), the wedding party who helped put everything together, and my mom who helped plan it all and put up with me while doing it. Thank you!

Comments

  1. Very nice; those are a lot of my favorite pics, too. The food looks (and was) yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment