Fontainebleu

After getting married, then starting work, then Paul starting a second job, our lives over the last few months have grown increasingly busier and busier. Yes, we sometimes work at the same job, but that doesn't mean we always see each other. It can also mean we work the dreaded night shift and stay up to 1am. It makes for a crazy schedule that changes from week to week and we're never sure when we'll have time together.
   This last Saturday, we celebrated the crossing of neither of us working at all, and perfect weather, to enjoy a day out of town just the two of us. Ever since I found out our train passes allow us to go out to Fontainbleu, I've been wanting to see the Chateau there. It's about a 40min train ride and a 15min bus ride after, but we set out on our journey full of excitement. I had my new camera that I wanted to try out, and the best company I could ask for. Here's a bit of what the day had in store...

The front door.

My favorite room-the library.

A nice lake in the backyard. We joined the picnicers for lunch.


A swan on her(or his?) nest.

Chateau from the back.

Enjoying the sun.

Statue of an eagle in front of a big canal.

Doorway to a secret garden?
 We headed home in the late afternoon after walking through the town a bit. We were tired and worn out but happy. :)

Comments

  1. Looks great. I want to see the library and the secret garden. Do you train passes work for the bus, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they did! We only spent 3€ the whole day on drinks for lunch. I don't think we're allowed through that door to the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment