Rainy Half Hour

   Every once in a while, working in the office involved field trips outside the office. The other day I got to do an interesting one-pretend to be a guide. Well, not really a guide, but I had to make people think I was for a minute. Our real guide was out sick for one of our walking tours. We couldn't find a replacement and I was sent to intercept people who had reserved to let them know there wouldn't be a tour. Don't think I could have given the tour as I don't know nearly enough about the Latin Quarter. This became clear after I waited in front of the Sorbonne University for 20min when I was supposed to be in front of the Pantheon. I was only a couple of blocks off and they both have columns. Luckily, one couple did manage to find me and got sorted out.


Yep, this is the Sorbonne. It started to dawn on me when I noticed the square was named "Place de la Sorbonne".



Starting to look a bit like fall!


Oh yeah, did I mention the whole time I had to stand out there it was pouring down rain? I had a big umbrella and had to juggle a sign, but still managed to take some pictures. All in a day's work.


Comments

  1. I recognize some of those places, but it looks like we have a lot more work to do to make you a substitute guide.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment