Angelina's

   For my birthday this year, I wanted to visit one of the famous tea rooms of Paris, Angelina's. I'd read about it and passed it many times, but never even peeked inside before. When I got there a little early, I was going to browse in the bookstore next door, but there was a line already forming outside, so I hopped on back. Luckily I did, so when my friend Laura arrived we were able to get a table right away.


   The inside was bigger than I thought, with a main floor room and a whole upstairs area. Everything is very fancy and formally done. It was a challenge to decide what I wanted to have from their large menu. I didn't know they also served breakfast and lunch, (and brunch), as well as tea time. Since we were there in the afternoon I went for a fancy pastry, but one that was sort of fruity to balance out my super rich hot chocolate. I'd heard a lot about the hot chocolate they serve, thick like a syrup with Chantilly whip cream. So good. And for 7euro a cup, it better be.



   So I ended up with a new seasonal pastry they had, a Mont Thabor. It was a chocolate and caramel mousse with apricot jelly and an apricot biscuit on top. 




We felt very fancy all dressed up sipping our drinks with a possibility of bumping into someone famous. We'll definitely be going back!

Comments

Post a Comment