We Now Have a Toddler!


Over the weekend we had a little party at our place with the cousins and friends over for our little girl's birthday. Two years already! It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny little baby just home from the hospital. I kept it simple, no big theme or decorations, we just blew up some balloons and made cupcakes and all the kids were happy to run around and discover her toys. She didn't seem to mind, I think overall she really enjoyed having everyone there and the whole party. 
 
I copied my sister-in-law with the Happy Birthday sign and just cut out letters from a magazine the night before. The cupcakes are Funfetti brand (thank you mom for bringing that over!) and purple cream cheese frosting. Everyone here has loved discovering Funfetti. :)


 In her party dress hanging out before everyone got there. It was a pretty warm day for December!


 A bird purse from grandma! She was delighted to discover her own Burt's Bees inside since it's her favorite thing to steal from my purse.


Her present table, with Peppa Pig card! She later went to bed with this card. :)


This is the card that Paul and I updated from last year with new info. So much has changed! Some things I left off that I keep getting asked--the blond hair comes from Paul we think, as he was blond until 5 years old. Also, I have not cut her hair at all. As you can see below, it's just barely down past her ears and very curly in the back. It's starting to get thicker, but even after two years now we can't do a braid or ponytail. That will come in time I guess!

 

 What you can't see here is my other hand blocking her older boy cousins from blowing out the candle! She waited patiently while they tried to jump in there for her, but I held them off until she could do it. :) Her button is a "Peppa Pig 2" pin she got with her birthday card.

Comments

  1. Was making the cupcakes a party activity? You can't go wrong with cream cheese frosting. What a great party dress. Show me the dress from Uncle John. It's 50° here, but very stormy on Dec. 21.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, def no, i made the cupcakes before but let her lick the frosting spoon. She loved that! The dress got a lot of compliments. Uncle john's dress is definitly a spring/summer dress, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment