It's That Time of Year!

We get teased a bit for having all our birthdays and anniversaries right around the holidays at the end of the year. Just packing it in all at once I guess, starting at the end of October and through the new year. We're not even making an exception with baby boy coming either. :) 

Apart from our birthdays around this time, we've celebrated Thanksgiving over here the last 5 years and I've spent Christmas here for those years as well. This year we hosted Thanksgiving and invited Paul's parents and our friends the Sanders. 

I made two pies (apple and pumpkin), rolls, a slow cooker turkey, and mashed potatoes. The others brought sides and helped with the cooking as well, so I didn't have to do it all. It was the first time I'd made pumpkin pie (I usually provide the apple pie), and it turned out so good! Speculoss crust is a winner.



The best part of the weekend was our new dishwasher being delivered that morning. :) Ahh, the joys of adulthood and asking for a dishwasher for your birthday, and then getting super excited to try it out! Haha.

The next day we brought out the Christmas decorations and put the tree up (it's not real). I also put together an advent calendar with coloring pages and stickers. She's been hanging them up on the wall and now it's looking really festive!


Since then we've been taking it easy and enjoying having me at home now that I'm on leave. We go for walks when it's nice to the local park. 
 




Comments

  1. Did you cook a pumpkin or do they have canned? I like your idea of the Speculoos crust-Trader Joe's has really good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a can of pumpkin from a from a friend and the Speculoos idea from Margaret.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment