2 Months Old Now!

Okay, I admit it, he's been two months old for a couple of weeks now. However, it is easy to forget how much of your time with a newborn is spent with that newborn in your arms, making it difficult to type, (which also gets prioritized much lower if you're able to put that baby down--bathroom breaks first!). He's happily napping now though, and with other chores caught up on for the moment, I can update you here on how the last few weeks have been. 


To summarize--pretty great! I don't know if it's fair to compare to how the first time around went, but overall he seems to be a happier baby so far and a bit easier to take care of. I was explaining the other day though, that this feeling might come from less second guessing the second time around. It is different in some things, but for the most part, the first one turned out ok so far no matter what you did, so this one should be fine too right? :) 


The one main difference I'm experiencing these weeks is his nighttime sleep. Big sister was pretty consistant at night and started to stretch out her sleep periods on her own until she was going all night. Little brother here is completely different from one night to the next, sometimes sleeping in 3.5-4 hour stretches and sometimes up almost every hour. It seems his nose gets blocked very easily and wakes him up, which then makes him want to eat to get back to sleep. I'm just hoping the warmer weather clears that up and we both get more sleep! 


Just a few weeks left of my maternity leave and then I'm back to work in April. It really flew by fast, but I think we were able to enjoy it as much as possible. I know Julia really likes having me around during the day as well. With the sun starting to come out every day now, we'll be able to get started clearing up our garden for the summer!


Comments

Post a Comment