Baby Season

  So I don't know if you've heard, but it seems like everyone is having babies right now. Of course, I'm at that age when all my friends begin starting families, so it's not really that surprising. This year does seem to be particularly busy though. Three friends here have given birth over the last couple months, and two back home as well. 
 Here's our new nephew and niece just a week and half old. Soren and Mona, little sleepers so far, but très mignon.


  Lucky for me, I will have all this experience to draw on when Paul and I welcome a little one this winter. It's nice being pregnant in France, since they particularly support and respect pregnant women and mothers. Doctor's bills are covered, perks are thrown around, and I'm nicely given seats on the metro. 


   This cool looking (and Winnie the Pooh themed) pregnancy pack was given to me by my gynecologist as a kind of welcome to pregnancy kit. I carted it home through the metro and found it full of suprises. Coupons for all sorts of goodies, free Disney books to send away for, PARENTS magazine, and a little onesie that says "prêt à câliner" (ready to snuggle).


   Now we just have to find room for the little one in our place. Good thing we're moving! More to come on that soon...

Comments

  1. I was wondering how they knew you were pregnant on the Metro, but then carrying that "Mon Dossier Maternite" box might have been a clue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't take that with me everywhere, but anytime I want to sit I just hold my stomach and look tired. I've only done it twice, and both times men got up for me and were very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment