Birthday Surprise

I came home on my birthday last week and walked through our door to a surprise waiting for me. Our hallway was completely repainted, all while I was gone at work! It had been painted a purpleish color when we moved in and we hadn't gotten around to changing it in the two years we've been here. After friends talked of repainting their entry and how light it made it look, I wanted to do ours too! Paul offered to find the paint, so we talked about colors, like a cream or off-white, while waiting to find a day we would be free and able to leave the munchkin with grandparents. Little did I know, he was scheming with his mom to have it done without me having to do any work! And I know he doesn't like painting, so this was a big sacrifice. Grandma took Juju out to the shops to keep her out of the way while Paul went to work. 
Here's what it looks like now, please note our door there, which had also been painted by the deranged previous owners, and is now completely paint free as well! 



I found this old picture (with a tiny juju!) Which shows a bit of the purpley walls. The doors are also a light purple, which you can't tell in this picture. That's our next step.


I also had pretty flowers waiting for me which Juju picked out at the shop! Paul spent the evening making dinner for me while I relaxed on the couch with a glass of wine (after putting the cutie pie to bed). He had escargot, then homemade risotto with Saint Jacques, and ice cream for dessert. Sooo good. And really, at this age, this is all you want for your birthday. :)


I'll include here the sleeping toddler in bed, without the side! Sleeping like this for over a month now and it's going very well. We rearranged the living room too, so the bed is in the middle, instead of the corner. 


Comments

  1. Can't wait to see it. I'm painting your (old) bedroom tomorrow and putting a new bed in. Juju looks so big!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment