November

   I haven't sat down to write anything over the least two weeks as I haven't felt like I could put into words quite what it's been like. Life here for us has been normal and yet at the same time so very not-normal since the attacks on the 13th in Paris. I've commuted in to work like I always do. I've had to get up in the night to calm a crying toddler, feed her, dress her and think of all the little things that still need to be done since she doesn't know anything is different. 

  But at work there have been emails and phone calls from those all over the world concerned about how we're doing. There have been a lot of travelers who have had to cancel their plans over the last weeks as well. Increased security is evident around Paris at entrances to shops and malls and in the metro. 

So we've continued doing what we would have done. We've gone to spend time with Paul's family, as we do most weekends, going for walks with the cousins and having dinner with his parents. Celebrating a niece turing one. 

Out for a ride on our new bike!
Chasing cousin Van.

Ella turns 1!

   So we'll continue to take it one day at a time. As it is Thanksgiving, I'm so thankful to be here alive and with my family. 

Comments

Post a Comment